Gourmet Garden Basil is a great way to have fresh basil flavor on hand whenever you need it. No chopping and no waste and long-lasting in the fridge. Try it in a pinch and we guarantee you will love the flavor and aroma forever.
Fresh basil has an initial subtle peppery flavor. The taste then evolves into a slightly sweet licorice flavor.
Basil has a strong, pungent, sweet and somewhat menthol aroma.
Cooking with Gourmet Garden Basil
- Make a fast pesto by combining a teaspoon each of Gourmet Garden Basil and Garlic with a tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese add a little olive oil to make your preferred consistency. You can also add some finely chopped pine nuts or any other nut as preferred.
- Combine about 1 teaspoon each of Gourmet Garden Basil, Garlic and lemon juice on grilled fish or meat, instead of a dollop of tartar sauce or gravy
- Add Gourmet Garden Basil paste into a vegetable and bean soup to give it that Mediterranean flavor
- Try a thin spread of Gourmet Garden Basil on a sandwich or focaccia, instead of butter or margarine
- Make a fast pizza; spread a pizza base with tomato paste or thick puree blended with Gourmet Garden Basil and sprinkled with low fat mozzarella cheese.